miscarriage, support SilentGrief.com
Miscarriage Support and Child Loss Support Mailing List   |   Site Info   |   Contact
Miscarriage Support and Child Loss Support
child, loss
New! New!
Home Newsroom Articles Chat Boards Share With Us Resources Clara Hinton The Store
Choose A Category
Share Your Story
Our Little Angel Is In Heaven
Aug 26, 2002

I am a married 18 year old female who just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on August 12, 2002 @ 2:27 am. She weighed 7 pounds and 6 ounces. She only lived 2 hours and 18 mins. She died on August 12, 2002 @ 4:45 am. It all started when I went in labor with her that Sunday August 11, 2002 around 9:30 am. I left and went to the hospital at 2:00 pm. I arrived about 3:15 pm. I was only dialated 21\2 centimeters. The heart monitor on the baby showed dips in the heartbeat. The doctor came in and checked me again about 30 mins. later and I was already 3 centimeters. The dips in the heartbeat were only when I would have a contraction, so they thought it was pretty normal. When I was dialated 4 centimeters they gave me an epidural, and it made me sick. The baby's heartbeat dropped really low then. Around 12 bpm. The nurse pushed me onto my right side and it came back up. Something told me then that my daughter was not going to make it. When the nurse checked me again she said I was fully dialated and was ready to start pushing. I began to push and the doctor came in. The heartbeat began to drop again. When I looked up at the machine that shows how fast the heartbeat is it had 3 straight, green lines across the screen. The doctor tried using the vaccum on her and she still would not move. I was in a tremendous amount of pain and already had a second dose of the epidural. The last thing I remember is my doctor saying SLEEP AND CUT!!!!!! It was about 2:26 am and he had her out at 2:27 am. It took him a total of 26 seconds to get her here. She was not moving, crying or opening her eyes. She was really pale. My nurse put her on the table and done CPR and got her heartbeat up to 136 bpm. They put the resporator on her and got it up to 156 bpm. Then all of a sudden she was gone. When I started to push the placenta tore away from the uterine wall. She was without oxygen for approx. 7 mins. When they took me into recovery, and I was awake they told me she was fine and had a good strong heartbeat. I knew she was not okay. Then the doctor from the NICU came and told me she had passed away. We had her baptized and she had the most beautiful smile on her face. I gave her to the best babysitter in the world. We feel special because the Lord took our little angel and placed her in heaven to be an angel. We know she is in a better place and would not come back to earth if she had the chance.
 |  Home  |  Newsroom  |  Articles  |  Chat Boards  |  Share With Us  |  Resources  |  Clara Hinton  |  The Store  |  Contact  |  Privacy  | 
Site contents © 2002-2010 Clara Hinton.   All rights reserved.   New Leaf Press & Master books are registered trademarks.  
Contact Clara Hinton at chinton@silentgrief.com. Site Design by Object Red.